Whenever you create blog or website you need to submit your site to alexa in order to get your site listed in Alexa. Alexa is place where the ranking of your site will be displayed to your audience. So submitting website to alexa is as important as it is to submit site to Google & Bing .Now question might arise in your mind that how you can submit blog/website to alexa. Do not worry about it as I will tell you a complete steps to submit and verify your site to alexa.But before that learn some basics of Alexa.
What is Alexa ?
Alexa is one of the best website to check the global and local rank of any website. Alexa is one of the top website which was founded in 1996 by Brewster Kahle and Bruce Gilliatand. Alexa.com was founded to rank website globally and show ranking factors like global rank, country based rank, percent of search traffic, percent of unique visits, bounce rate, daily pageviews per visitor, daily time on site and audience demographics.
How Can you Submit & Claim Your Website on Alex ?
Alexa pick a new domain and showed its ranking globally and locally with some factors itself.You may be thinking if Alexa itself pick a new domain then why you should do it yourself.I completely agree with you but Alexa only show a new domain ranking to audience other details like Site name and site description, site owner and location are such a thing which you yourself has to add on Alexa. Adding these information makes your website look more professional.
You may like :
WordPress or Blogger : Which One is Better ?
So Its good to submit your website and claim owership on Alexa yourself .When you do it yourself you add more detail about your website to your alexa profile. Alexa is a free tool provided by Brewster & Bruce to you to find your ranking information of listed website on Alexa. Lets started with guide to submit and claim your site on alexa.
Guide To Submit Blog/Website to Alexa
Lets start with submitting website to alexa with this beginer guide :
1. Head over to Alexa.com and click on ” Create an Account ” to create alexa account . You can also sign in with your facebook account but I prefer to create an account for claiming your website on alexa.
2. Once you created alexa account then go to Alexa Siteinfo Page and search for your website or domain name.
3. After searching your domain name you will see ” Is this your site? Certify your site’s metrics “. Now when you click on ” Certify your site’s metrics ” A pop-up will display message :
4. Click on ” View Plans and Pricing ” to see which plan Alexa is offering at what price. Alexa offer three plans and price which your have to choose according to your need.But for small or newbie bloggers who want to submit blog to alexa I suggest them to go with a free plan of alexa.You can check out complete information related to plans and price of alexa here.
5. You can claim your website for free on Alexa .You have three method to verify your site ownership on Alexa.You are about to claim your website ownership so this is time when you have to add your website information to Alexa.
6. You can edit website details by heading to My Dashbaord option of your alexa account and from there select EDIT SITE LISTING from site management drop down list. After clicking on EDIT SITE LISTING you are redirected to your website then click on site in which want to make change or editing like site name and site description, site owner, address public email and the country for ranking.
Steps for Claiming site in Alexa:
1. Three method to claim your ownership :
Method 1 Upload an Alexa verification file to your site’s root directory
Method 2 Add an Alexa Verification ID to your homepage
Method 3 Certify your site’s metrics.(Only available in Alexa Pro)
2. These are three way which you can use to verify your website ownership on Alexa.You can choose any of the method to verify and claim your website on Alexa.Method 2 of adding verification id to homepage is good and easy one to verify site on Alexa. You just have to copy Alexa Verification ID or Meta tag from alexa to your home page or in header section of your website.
Alexa Verification ID (Meta tag) example: <meta name=”alexaVerifyID” content=”XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”>
3. For those who want to claim
wordpress blog to alexa Just follow path mentioned here : yoursite.com/wp-admin/theme-editor.php => Theme Header (header.php) .
For those who want to claim Blogger(Hosted) blog to alexa follow path mentioned here : draft.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX#template => Edit HTML .
4. I know you are thinking where to add Alexa Verification ID (Meta tag) in wordpress or blogger blog .To verify your website you need to add Alexa Verification ID or meta tag between <HEAD> and <BODY> section. Once you’re added meta tag than Alexa Verification page and click on ” Verify the claim. A message will be displayed “You have successfully claimed your site”.
Also Read : How to Choose a Right Domain Name For Business ?
How to Create an Adsense Account ?
I hope you have successfully claimed your website on Alexa. Now you can edit details about your website like site name and site description, site owner your business etc. When your’re done then click on ” save and continue ” and your site details on alexa will be updated. So your website is verified and claimed on alexa. You will notice that there are some features that are blocked on alexa if you want these blocked feature then you need a premium account or need to buy plan on alexa.
You may like :
How to create a free blog on Blogger ?
Guide to submitting and claiming website or blog to alexa is finished here.So If You find this guide helpful then do not forget to share this on facebook and Google plus with your friends.
In case you’re getting any problem related to submiting and verifing site to alexa then let me know I’ll help you. Do subscribe for latest udpates.